THE LEARN QURAN FOUNDATION AND CAPE TOWN MUSLIM EVENTS PRESENTS
Spiritual Dimensions of Salaah and Dua Workshop
How to taste the true beauty of Salaah
The prayer of the believer is the single most important form of worship and means of connection with one’s Lord. It is the medium through which the believer literally speaks to Allah SWT and the fountain from which one drinks on a daily basis to reinvigorate the soul and re-establish one’s purpose in life.
Having completed Salah we should leave feeling spiritually nourished and less burdened with the guilt of sins. We should leave feeling hopeful of forgiveness and content at having had a direct conversation with our Lord.
But is this the case? Are we fully present in these conversations?
Salah is not a chain of random acts and phrases strung together. It is a vehicle of spiritual dialogue with our Lord. Stepping onto the prayer mat is like stepping into the court of a King – The KING of all Kings.
This short course will explore the many attributes of Salah, help bring your Salah to life and aid you on your way to total devotion and concentration in your Salah. In sha Allah.
We will also be learning the various adhkar of salah
Have you ever wondered why we pray, the way we pray?
Why do we raise our hands to our ears and declare “Allah is great”?
Why do we go down on our hands and knees and place our forehead on the ground and say “glory be to my lord the highest”?
The Aim of This Course
- To change your Salah completely. In fact, you will actually see significant improvement before you have finished this course.
- To fill your heart with a joy never experienced before, and to pour down upon it a peace and tranquility that will extinguish any pain you have ever suffered in this life.
- To reach the Firdous-Al-Ala (the highest Paradise), insha’Allah…
Allah tells us in Sura Al-Muminun: “Successful indeed are The Believers, Those who humble themselves in their prayers… These will be the heirs, who will inherit Al Firdous: They will dwell therein (for ever).” (23:1-11)
This course will attempt to:
- Share the secret of how to attain khushu in the prayer
- Explain both the outward and inward meanings of all the utterances in the prayer
- Explain the significance of the physical motions in the prayer
- Describe the thoughts & emotions one should experience in a living prayer
- Provide practical advice on how to develop the prayer through the above
What you will gain:
Sharpen your skills: Learn new ideas and approaches to make your Ibaadah with khusu.
Get greater focus: Absorb the energy of like-minded individuals who will Spur you on to truly focus on your journey to Allah.
Invest in yourself: What better gift can you give yourself than seeking and applying your knowledge for the sake of Allah Almighty.
Moulana Hafith Qaari Saalim Peck. Hifth done under the late Sheikh Yusuf Booley. Matriculation at Islamia College. Studied at Darul Uloom Al arabiyya Al islamiyya (strand). Studied abroad in Egypt and Syria (focusing on Quran and Arabic language studies). Teacher at Dar al – Ulum Al – Arabiyyah Al- Islamyyah (Strand)
Dates & Times:
- Saturdays for 4 weeks
- Starting 16th November 2019
- Ending 7th December 2019
- 1.45 pm to 3.45 pm [10 min break]
The Knowledge Zone / The Deen Store 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne (See the map here)
- Parking patrolled
- Coffee and snacks on sale
- Air-Conditioned Facilities
- Once off fee per person: Adults – R250.00
- Once off per person: Youth Under 18yrs old & Pensioners – R125
Kindly note that we are not funded and all fees collected are used to cover operational expenses and salaries. In sha Allah
- Student pack containing: book, pen, and folder
- All printed notes or course booklet
- Certificate on successful completion
Limited seats – Payment secures your seat.
The Deen Store, 541 Lansdowne Rd, Lansdowne (See the map here)
EFT and Cellphone banking only , no cash deposits allowed!
Bank Name: Standard Bank
Account Name: Cape Town Muslim Events
Branch Name: Kromboom
Branch Code: 026209
Account Number: 300794711
Account Type: Cheque Account
Ref: Reference: Your Name, Surname, and Course code: SDS49
Cash or Card payments can be made at The Deen Store – 541 Lansdowne Road, Lansdowne. (See the map here)
- Physical Address: 541 Lansdowne Rd. Lansdowne
- P.O. Box 2241, Clareinch 7740
- Telephone: 021 762 6745
- Fax: 086 551 8032
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ctme.co.za
Our Instructors are among the best. We are determined to provide our students with instructors who take professionalism, effectiveness, and expertise to the max. Along with tremendous knowledge, our instructors are also engaging and exciting, so that our courses will provide you with some of the most interesting days you’ve ever spent learning Islam. In sha Allah
O Allah, I ask Thee for BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, acceptable action, and good provision.” (Al-Tirmidhi).